Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning at the Briners!



Well, I started out the day...motivated and inspired to get organized. I told Eric last night, that this weekend, I was having a Memorial Day Makeover, and was getting some Spring Cleaning done!! This morning I started my Things to Do list on Outlook. I also checked out http://www.flylady.com. Not quite sure how it is going to be...but I did go over some of the e-mails they sent. (Yes, I said some...I think they sent about 10 within the first 10 minutes!!) One of the things was a shiny sink! Sounded good to me. Here are the directions for a shiny sink:


  1. Clear dishes out of sink
  2. Fill basin with hot water, add one cup of bleach. Let set for one hour
  3. Rinse thoroughly, then scrub with comet
  4. Rinse thorougly, then spray with Windex
  5. Wipe dry

I never knew how nice it is to have such a clean sink! It has been motivating to keep the dishes out of it today too!

Another thing that I read is collecting 10 things that you can get rid of. I included the boys in this one. I gave them each a "Blessing Bag", (white plastic bag) and told them we were going to bless 3 children with toys. I had them each choose 10 items to get rid of. Here were the rules:

  1. It had to be their toy :)
  2. If it was not the size of their hand, (happy meal toys) it only counts as a half
  3. I had to approve all toys

It was actually kinda fun! It was interesting to see who the sentamental boys were, and who just wanted to be done! They also found some toys that were buried in their toy boxes, that they were excited to play with again.

I'll be posting more of my Spring Cleaning ideas soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I love it! Sounds like motivation enough to me. I told Savannah she could have a yard sale. I loathe yard sales, but she likes money, so maybe she will clean out her room. Anyway, I can get her to clean is great!

Ann-Marie said...

That's awesome! I love that the boys cleaned out their own things. I need to start that with Colson as soon as he's old enough to understand (I think I still have some time). And now I kind of want to clean my sink!