Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Southern Living at HOME Spring Idea Showcase








Filigree Iron Candlestand with white washed clay pots, and fresh tulips.



This Spring I opened my home up, and shared a few simple decorating tips. It was a lot of fun!

Alexandria Centerpiece - took a six pack of flowers and left them in the container. Cut the container so there were 3 packs on each side. Lined the container with seran wrap, and then set the containers in the centerpiece. I filled in with Spanish moss around the sides to hide the container. You can also use this piece with permanent flowers by sticking them in floral foam.











This centerpiece was done with the Madeline Hurricane, on top of our new Madison Mirror. I lined the mirror with seran wrap, then placed moss on top, and a satin ribbon around the edge of the moss. The hurricane was filled with different sized rocks, and also pussy willow that I had made with a criss cross design in the hurricane. Fill with water, and I placed white orchids out of the top. You could also use lillies!

No comments: