Thursday, May 8, 2008

Party Details




Every pirate has to have a ship! I used the Family Fun recipe for the pirate ship cake. Cut 2 round cakes and connect them with frosting. I froze the cakes to help. I cut 3 sets of alternating sails, and connected them with skewers. I used kitkats for the railing, and Whoppers for cannon balls. I used a section of a Hershey's bar for the plank, and a Lego pirate to tie it all together. Gummy sharks "swam" beneath the ship. We used Piroette wafers coming out the side of the ship where we lit gold candles. So much fun!!





This is the island cake. I frosted 2 9 x 13 cakes, in between, and on the coast and the island. Next I used crushed graham crakers and sprinkled them on top of the frosting. I used a pastry brush to remove excess crumbs. Next I used a blue gel on top of the cake to create the water. Last I frosted the sides of the cake, and decorated with toy palm trees, a lego treasure chest with mini m & m's, and a red gel X to mark the treasure.





All pirates love to eat, so we had a variety of snackies! Fruit and veggie trays. (For the veggie tray I made a palm tree out of a carrot, and bell pepper strips.) Olive cannon balls, Golden popcorn with jewels (m & m's), and a tropical trail mix. I had also bought the Costco goldfish...but forgot to put them out.





For decorations I used SLAH Hemingway hurricanes, filled with white sand and then gold rocks, jewel necklaces, gold coins, and different color rock marbles. I have to find that picture! Then I'll post.



Goodie bags were black sandwich type bags from Michaels. I downloaded the skull, and glued it to red cardstock, then attached with glue. I hole-punched the top, and tied ribbon. Inside was a telescope, pirate pencil, ring pop, chocolate coins, rootbeer barrels, shark gummie snacks and a candy necklace. The "wee-little" pirates, got a bag with pirate Little People and Nemo fruit snacks, and goodies.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Everything was so darling! You out did yourself once again! The boys had a blast!