Monday, June 16, 2008

Yummy Overnight Blueberry French Toast

This is the yummiest thing I think I've ever eaten! I brought this to a brunch, and it was a hit! I doctored it up a little, so here is my recipe! :)

Ingredients:
12 slices of French Toast Bread, cut in 1" cubes
2 (8 oz) pkgs. of Cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk

1 c. fresh blueberries
12 eggs, beaten
2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c. maple syrup

1 c. white sugar
2 T. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 c. fresh blueberries
1 T. butter

Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan. Arrange half the bread cupes in the dish. Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/4 c. milk, a dollop on top, and spread. Sprinkle with 1 c. blueberries, and top with remaining bread cubes.

In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and syrup. Pour over the bread cubes, cover, and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the bread cube mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25-30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.

In a medium saoucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly, cook 3-4 minutes. Mix in 1 c. blueberries and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the blueberries burst. Stir in the butter, and pour over the baked French toast.

I shook powdered sugar on top too!

Enjoy...and don't think about the calories!!! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! I want to just make that for home. Am I allowed? I don't think so, I need an event or I will eat it by myself. Thanks for sharing. It looks amazing! You are a great cook!

candice said...

Yum! Can I come over to your house for brunch...??? I would do the same thing as Mich- if I made that I'd eat it all by myself! Hmmm, what else do ya have over there?!!

Rebekah said...

That sounds like heaven! I will have to make it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing!