Sunday, July 20, 2008

Packing, packing, packing.....

Well, it's only 67 hours until Eric and I fly off to the Dominican Republic!
I have earned, (not won:) ) a free trip for Eric and I to the all-inclusive Paradisus Palma Real Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
(I truly do love this about my job. This is my 9th free trip! )
Of course, when the two of us get to get away...we leave behind 4 boys! This means...packing, packing, packing. The boys are headed to grandma and grampas. It's amazing how much you have to pack! Clothes, Food, Medicines, Toys...I think we may have to rent a U-Haul to get everything over there!!
Then there is us...well...I guess you could say me...3 outfits a day...shoes to go with the outfits...just in case outfits...swimsuits...oh, and not to mention the 10 lbs of magazines, books, and sudoku that I have to bring! It'll be a miracle if I can fit it all into 2 suitcases, and not get charged extra for the weight!
(Please tell me that I am not the only one who packs like this!!)
It'll all be worth it though...when we're sitting on the beach...with a nice cold drink...and no bill at the end of the vacation! :)
Bon Voyage!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

you go girl! congrats and have a wonderful time. i'm really jealous right now. please do have a yummy drink (or two or maybe three!) for me!

Alana said...

Have FUN! I sure am going to miss being there with you! Have a dirty monkey for me (or whatever the heck it was called) and tell DEREK that WAYNE says hey. Have fun and call me when you get back. LOVE YOU