Thursday, July 10, 2008

Memories


Today was a bittersweet day. 18 years ago today, Eric picked me up from work, and took me to Tice park. We climbed up the swirly slide, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. He also told me, that he was going to marry me, and 3 years later, took me to that exact spot and proposed. I still in love with my highschool sweetheart! (I was only 15!) It's hard to believe that I have spent over 1/2 my life with my best friend & love of my life!!

(Yes, that is Eric and me!)


Today, 18 years later, we buried our friend Tanya. After struggling with cancer, Tanya passed away on the 4th of July. After, what had to be one of the hardest days of my life, all I have left are memories to treasure. We will miss you, and love you Tanya Knee. Thanks for the friendship and the memories. You will be in our hearts forever. Live, Laugh, Love, TK.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congratulations on a well spent and happy 18 years!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I can't imagine how hard that would be. May the Lord comfort you as you grieve.

Unknown said...

Johnna,
I am sad. This mom and friend has left so much behind. A family that will never be the same and friends, like you that are so genuine. May you find hope in the One who give it freely. May you find peace in our Maker. He loves Tayna, her children, her husband, and all of those she left here on Earth. May your strength be renewed as you plung into grieving this tremendous loss. The family will need a lot over the next months. You can help. Drop muffins on the porch with a note or picture. It is the little things, like you did with Caleb, that carry grieving families through. Press in to the Lord and do not grow faint. Talk with the boys about the loss. Do not hide your tears.
Wow, did that all sound bossy. I am sorry if it did. I meant it to be encouraging. I love you and I love your awesome family. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Ann-Marie said...

Wow. I'm thrilled for you and Eric - that picture is great! Regarding your dear friend - I can't say it any better than Michelene. I'll be thinking and praying for you and for Tanya's family.

April said...

I was so sad to hear about Tanya yesterday from mom, we'll continue to lifting the family up to the Lord, I can't imagine the loss they are feeling.

Miss you all! Praying for you as you grieve for her as well. See you soon.

Amy said...

Johnna,

May the memories you have of your dear friend heal your heart. I'm praying for you and for her family.

Hugs,
Amy