Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm baaaaack.....

Ok, so I have missed blogging.  It's been over a year.  What better time to start, than January...it's a new year.

So...First up.....New Years Resolutions...  Mine is for the DOGS!

D - Diet & Exercise
O - Organization
G - God
S - Simplify & Surrender

To start with the D...Today was my first day as a vegetarian.  I have given up red meat for a while now, but after having some "issues", and also eating unhealthy for the past year...I'm going to try it for a while. :)  I'll be blogging/journaling about my menu's and plans...feel free to offer any advice.

I’m a Vegetarian…Day 1

Today went better than expected. :)  Grocery shopped…and read a lot of labels.  They sneak meat in everything!  Here’s the menu for today
Breakfast - Protein shake
Snack - Almonds
Lunch - Mixed green salad with walnuts, cranberries, grapefruit and feta
Snack - Hummus with carrots & low fat pita chips
Dinner - Southwestern Black Bean soup - YUM!
Snack - Honey Roasted Soy Beans
Drink - 32 oz. of  Dr. Oz's Tangerine Weight-orade Green Tea
Exercise - Ran/Walked 2.2 miles
Probably went too much on the “fat” side with all the nuts today…but I’m okay with that for now.

2 comments:

MamaLieder said...

LOVE your resolutions! Can't wait to hear how they all go this year. You got this :)

Unknown said...

I did not know you were blogging. I am so glad you are holding yourself accountable here and have such concrete goals. Love it. You know that now you are tightening up your life that the enemy will see you as a target. Time to dig deep in your DOGS resolution! Thanks for dinner last night.