Monday, January 25, 2010

Ahhh....Ahhh...Ahh-Choooo!



I have had the strangest thing happen.  I have been running about 10-15 miles a week for about a 3 months now.  I have always hated running, but now seem to long for it!  (Weird...I know!) I actually find it really relaxing.  Well, several times after my longer runs, I start sneezing...really sneezing.  My eyes start watering, and my nose starts running...really running...I mean Boston Marathon pace running!  This usually lasts anywhere from 2-36 hours.  Very strange.  Yesterday morning it happened again.  It was like an instant cold!  Today....gone.  I decided to google it last night, and found that, no, I am not allergic to exercise...it's something that a lot of people have.  Over 50,000 items popped up.  

I did find some theories that it has to do with your body temperature, air temperature, having too much histamine, and getting rid of toxins.  Basically it boils down to exercise-induced allergies, and they don't know what causes or cures it. So strange! 
Have you ever heard of this before?

Luckily, it does not happen every time I run.  But it's not going to keep me down! :)

2010 Goal - Run 500 miles...22.8 completed to date!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I dont sneeze but since I was about 13, every time I would walk briskly or run, I get the urge to itch my outer and inner thighs as well as my lower back (right above my bum!) I have no clue why but it is super annoying and totally makes me not want to exercise!!