Monday, April 13, 2009

Goodness, Gracious, Cake Balls of Fire!

For Easter, I saw this really cute idea on http://bakerella.blogspot.com. It looked a little intimidating, but I thought I would try it!

It's pretty simple, bake a 9 x 13 cake, let cool completely, then crumble in a bowl. Add a little less than a can of frosting, and muck together. Form into balls, and then dip a sucker stick into melted chocolate, and cool. After firm, dip into melted chocolate. There are a lot of different varieties on how to decorate. Very fun project,...but a little time consuming. I doubled the recipe, and it was too much! You get more than enough from one cake.


I never realized how many different sprinkles there could be! By using the melted chocolate for glue, you just "glue" on different sprinkles. Super cute!


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

These look fabulous! I'm sure they were a big hit =)