Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Notebook

Have you ever had one of those "feelings", right before you do something stupid? Well, let me tell you what happened tonight. It was about 10:00 p.m., and I had got the kids and hubby to bed, and wanted to switch the laundry over before bed. (Now I should preface, that our laundry room is our "drop zone". It's the first room you walk into from the garage, and always has random things that need to be put away on the dryer.) After switching the laundry over, I thought I should probably clean out the lint cleaner, which is on top of the piled-high-with-junk dryer. As I was doing this, I though, "Hmmm, I should probably move something before I do this." Before I could reconsider, I slid the lint catcher out, and down slid a pocket notebook.
Realizing, that paper in a dryer was probably not the best thing to leave, I tried to pull the dryer out, and disconnect the dryer vent tube, and stick my hand up the hole. (Probably not the smartest of ideas either!) I couldn't reach it, so I had to disassemble the whole back part of the dryer! Luckily, I have my own tools, and went to work. Within about 15 minutes, I had the notebook, and everything put back together! I'm sure that Sears would've charged me at least $50 for that! Just call me...Mrs. Fix-It! ;)

The funniest part of it all was I couldn't wait to blog about my stupidity!

(Good as new!)

3 comments:

Tucker's St. Bernard's said...

You are sooo funny! I have done this soo many times...taking apart the washer/dryer...mainly because Doug doesn't get to something quick enough!!! Good job girl!!

Shelly said...

This is a hilarious story! I never take things apart and fix them myself- I always call Mike. You are my hero!!!

Unknown said...

Johnna, I love it! You rock! I would have left the thing pulled apart for Scott todeal with the next day. Remember, I am the girls that starts things and does not finish it. I would think i could do it and then realize it is too much work and quit. Looser, I know. I love that your first thought was to blog. My world is becoming a little blog sick.